Walking in a Winter Wonderland
Penticton is a place where you will learn to fall in love with Winter all over again.
The Winter’s are so dry and temperate here that many outdoor activities continue right through the year. You can go for a bracing hike up and Munson Mountain or fat biking along the Kettle Valley Rail Trail (KVR) and there are many other walking trails along the lakeshores, creeks and through downtown.
On The Slopes
The City of Penticton doesn’t typically see a huge amount of snowfall, but a mere 25 minute drive from the City you’ll find Apex Mountain Ski Resort and Nickel Plate Nordic Centre, where you can wallow in the white stuff to your heart’s content.
Apex is a full service destination resort known for incredible terrain, champagne powder snow and super short lift lineups. Whether you’re and absolute beginner of a seasoned pro, Apex has something to offer. There are plenty of easy to moderate groomed runs as well as some exhilarating
Try downhill skiing, snowboarding, glide the 1 km skating loop, tubing or join a pick-up hockey game on the rink at Apex Mountain Resort
- Experience classic cross country skiing, skate skiing or snowshoeing at Nickel Plate Nordic Centre
- Rent a fat bike from Freedom Bike Shop and explore the Kettle Valley Rail Trail
- Try indoor rock climbing or book a snowshoe tour with Hoodoo Adventures
- Enjoy indoor public skating at McLaren Arena
- Cheer on Penticton’s own Junior ‘A’ Hockey Team, the Penticton Vees at the South Okanagan Events Centre
- Pick up gifts and local products at the Penticton Visitor Centre, downtown shops or in one of the many shopping centres
- Book a guided winery or brewery tour to receive a more intimate experience
- Take in a movie at the Landmark Cinema 7
- Visit the Penticton Museum to learn the history of the city along with other exhibits