Looking for some inspiration on how to Discover Penticton? We have developed a series of itineraries and signature experiences geared towards four specific traveller types: The Adventurer, the Athlete, the Foodie, and the Family. Check out the itineraries below!
- Wake up to warm waffles, homemade from grandma’s secret recipe or heavenly scented cinnamon bun french toast. The Nest & Nectar’s mantra is; Local. Simple. Delicious. Made with love.
- Fill a basket with plump juicy Okanagan Cherries, plucked straight from the tree at CC Orchards in Naramata. Fruit tastes that much sweeter when you work for it. For a list of Penticton and area fruit stands, click here.
- Take a leisurely tour of the wineries along the Naramata Bench. Change things up with a stop at Legend Distilling or Maple Leaf Spirits where you can sample liquers and spirits infused with locally grown herbs and botanicals.
- Relax in the warm, setting sun on an outdoor patio, savouring the sophisticated taste of the Poplar Grove Winery and Monster Vineyards, perfectly paired with Vanilla Pod fare.
- Build up an appetite with a walk along Okanagan Lake promenade, then reward yourself with a hand-made ham & cheese croissant at Hideaway Bakery & Cafe.
- The Downtown Markets on Saturday are a must. Hundreds of local vendors line Main and Front Street to showcase the region’s finest wares. On any other day there are plenty of specialty stores to explore.
- Pack up some of the treats discovered during your shopping excursion and head to the nearest beach for a rustic picnic. Get a taste for great food and the good life, as you unwind on the warm golden sand.
- How about some gourmet appies or stone-fired pizza, washed down with a few flights of craft beer? Penticton’s Ale Trail is one route that the discerning foodie has to explore.
Travel Itinerary – Adventurer
- Start your day with a mouth-watering, protein packed breakfast at Smugglers Smokehouse. Then drop into People’s Craft House tasting room, right next door, to sample tantalizing craft sodas infused with local fruits, flowers, roots and herbs.
- Head into the back country for an epic mountain bike ride. Three Blind Mice and Campbell Mountain offer endless trails for all abilities amid a landscape that will take your breath away.
- Float the Channel. If you’re not sure what that means, ask a local – it’s a rite of passage for any true Pentictonite. Soak in the sun while drifting lazily along in the warm, pine scented breeze.
- Relax with a few flights of craft beer, great food and great company at Bad Tattoo or Cannery Brewing in the heart of downtown Penticton.
- As the sun rises over the mountains, dive into the depths of Skaha or Okanagan Lake. In the summer months the water is sweet and refreshing. Warm up afterwards with a cup of rich scented, local coffee.
- Connect with mother earth amidst the ancient crags and canyons of Skaha Bluffs and experience some of the world’s best rock climbing. Whether expert or novice, Skaha Rock Adventures or Hoodoo Adventure Company can help ensure the climb of your life.
- Take your taste buds on an adventure at one or two wineries on the Naramata Bench. Relax and savour the flavours of the Okanagan at the stunning patio bistro at Poplar Grove Winery.
- Take a night paddle board tour with GlowSUP Adventures. Waterproof LED lighting makes for a glowing spectacle of awesomeness.
- Hire a pedal car, the whole family can ride together, from Penticton Bike Rentals and cruise along the shore of Okanagan Lake. Posing for a snap shot at the famous Peach on the Beach.
- Go for a nature hike on the historic Kettle Valley Rail Trail or though the lush parkland along Skaha Beach. Both are great spots to catch sight of local wildlife such as Ospreys, Painted Turtles or Deer.
- Let the kids loose for hours of fun, bouncing around the Wibit Inflatable Waterpark
on Okanagan Lake. Join in if you like, but the park is fully supervised, so you could grab the rare opportunity to take a break, soak up the sun and
enjoy a bit of ‘me’ time.
- Mouth watering burgers, fresh-cut fries and home made, French custard style ice cream – who can say no to that? Create smiles and happy memories at Patio Burger on Lakeshore Drive.
- Have a fun-filled time at the local fizzery, People’s Craft House, sampling some delicious and bubbly craft sodas. It’s all the sophistication of wine tasting, only without the alcohol, so even the younger family members can enjoy the experience.
- Get your swim suits on and head to Coyote Cruises, where you’ll be able to enter the Okanagan River Channel Float. Splash and play, while lazily floating the cool, fresh water – don’t forget the sunscreen!
- Go loco at LocoLanding Adventure Park. Mini-golf, bumper boats, go-karts and other awesome activities, ensure an afternoon full of mayhem and memories.
- Wind down at the end of the day with a picnic in the park or on the beach. Grab some delicious goodies from a local market and maybe a
Crazy Shake from the Peach on the Beach. Then throw down a blanket and relax, as the summer sun sets over the mountains.
- Fuel up with a healthy breakfast made from the freshest, locally sourced ingredients at The Bench Market.
- Go for a run along the epic Kettle Valley Rail Trail. Get your heart pumping and quads flexing, while breathing in the orchard scented air and spectacular lake views.
- Rent a kayak from Hoodoo Adventures and paddle the crystal blue waters of Okanagan Lake along the clay cliffs of the Naramata Bench, that provide cooling relief from the hot summer sun.
- Enjoy a tall glass of chilled, craft beer and a bite to eat at one of the city’s 5 craft breweries, followed by a relaxing stroll along Okanagan Lakeshore promenade.
- Jump on your road bike and ride the 45km loop around Skaha Lake or enjoy the vineyards along Naramata Bench Road. Don’t forget to strap on your GoPro to capture the epic scenery en-route.
- Stop for lunch at Sushi Kojo. A favourite of locals and visitors alike, this restaurant offers a little Japanese flair and a whole lot of Okanagan hospitality.
- Build up a sweat at the free outdoor gym in Skaha Lake Park or get competitive on the Beach Volley Ball Courts. After your workout, cool off with a swim in the refreshing water of the lake.
- Wander up to Play Estate Winery and reward yourself with a delicious dinner paired with sumptuous wines on the bistro patio.
- Ultimate Wine Country Experience – Break the limits and experience Okanagan Wine Country by both land and air. Be whisked away by helicopter to awe-inspiring heights as your pilot guides you to phenomenal award winning wineries. Indulge in a gourmet picnic lunch in a private vineyard, then climb aboard a Jeep Wrangler for an exciting wine touring adventure of country back roads and boutique wineries.
- Fun at the Fizzery – How about a tasting that the whole family can enjoy? Using recipes inspired by those original soda and tonic makers of the 1800s, local soft drink brew-master, The People’s Craft House brings back the art of traditional soda making. Sample soda as it should be, made from whole natural ingredients,
where the fruit, flower, root and herb flavours shine through.