We look forward to welcoming back visitors to explore Penticton and the South Okanagan, there are few things to know before making your trip here. Anytime you are exploring the Penticton and the South Okanagan, please remember to be safe, responsible, and respectful.
#visitpenticton #safetravels #exploreBC
Travel Updates and Information
BC has officially entered Phase 3 of BC’s Restart Plan and Penticton welcomes visitors to explore.
Read important updates on BC travel.
Read updates on the Canadian border and international travel advisories.
Read important updates from BC Parks.
Read updates on BC Ferries schedules and procedures. It is advisable to make a reservation for BC Ferries.
How To Explore Safely and Responsibly During COVID-19
If you are planning to visit Penticton, here are some guidelines for exploring our community.
- Do not travel if you are sick.
- Practice 2 metres physical distancing at all times.
- Wash your hands regularly.
- Consider wearing a mask in public.
- Reduce your contact in the community by bringing essentials with you.
- Explore with your family or immediate cluster only.
- Avoid large groups and gatherings.
- Plan ahead and book activities, accommodation, and experiences in advance. Review the booking and cancellation policies
- Respect the safety procedures enacted by the businesses you visit.
- Adhere to any local closures or restricted access to communities.
Follow the direction of the Provincial Health Officer and keep up to date on changing guidelines and regulations. If you would like to know how local businesses are keeping customers safe, check their website, social media, or give them a call to inquire.
What’s Open In Penticton
Penticton businesses are beginning to reopen for locals and visitors to experience in a safe and responsible manner, but it’s still not business as usual. Right now we recommend that you check with the businesses you are hoping to visit to get the latest on-the-ground information. See Supporting Local business in Penticton for a list of businesses which are open.
Penticton Visitor Centre
Located at :
888 Westminster Ave West
Monday – Friday
9am – 5pm
Tips for Being Safe While
Participating in Outdoors Activities
- If an area is congested, be patient or change your plans.
- Practice low-risk activities and recreation.
- While hiking or biking, move off the trail to take breaks.
- Be wildfire and wildlife safe.
- Pack in and pack out. Do not leave anything behind.
- Stay informed and respect any trail, beach, park, or local area closures as posted.
- Be AdventureSmart at all times and follow the 3 T’s: Trip Plan, Train, and Take Essentials.
- Visit Health Link BC’s website.
- Call the Health Canada 2019 COVID-19 information line: 1-833-784-4397. Interpretation services are available in multiple languages. Or email: email@example.com
- Visit the Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC)’s website for the latest outbreak update on COVID-19.
- Visit the Health Link BC website for detailed information on COVID-19, including FAQs.
- Visit the BC Centre for Disease Control (BC CDC) website for the latest on how to prevent the transmission of diseases. Follow BC CDC on Twitter for regular updates: @CDCofBC
- Follow Canada’s Chief Public Health Officer, Dr. Theresa Tam, on Twitter: @CPHO_Canada
- Learn more about the British Columbia Pandemic Provincial Coordination Plan.