2nd Annual Penticton Bike Festival
Join us for 4 days to celebrate bikes!
Join us in Penticton this May long weekend for our first ever Bike Fest.
Remember those days spent sitting around with your friends after a great ride? We do too, and are bringing it back with the Penticton Bike Festival. Warm-up for the Enduro season, practice the Granfondo or Ironman routes, check out 100’s of kms of amazing gravel riding, or just join your friends and family while they do all that and enjoy our wine, breweries, and beaches! Grassroots, baby! That’s how Penticton rolls.
Friday, May 19, 6:00-9:00
- Bike Show & Shine
- Bring out your best whip and have a beverage with new friends. We’re closing Westminster Road between Cannery Brewing & Highway 97 Brewing for a good old fashioned Bicycle Show & Shine. Categories might include Best Kickstand and/or Softest Banana Seat!
Saturday, May 20
- Road Group Ride, Social Family Ride
- Road Ride 10:00-1:00: Our very own ride leaders are hosting a guided road ride. Tour the best road riding in the South Okanagan (or anywhere, really!) in a no-drop group. There’s a reason road riders flock to Penticton, so here’s your chance to find out why!
Sunday, May 21
- Enduro, Movie Screening
- Shakin’ Off the Dust Spring Enduro 9:30-1:00: You know the routine: Pedal up, race down. Pedal up, race down…and repeat. Only this time it’s going to be taking place on some of the most unique and picturesque trails the South Okanagan has to offer. Come experience the joy of riding in the Three Blind Mice with a few dozen of your newest, best friends! Base camp is at Origin Winery on Riddle Road.
- Airplane Mode Premiere with Oneup Components 6:00-9:00: Join us at Slackwater Brewing for a one of a kind event. Courtesy of Oneup Components, we’ll be screening their movie Airplane Mode. And to sweeten the deal, they are offering a full component build (valued at $1200) for a door prize. And your first beer is on them! We’ll have a more prizes too, including a wicked bike rack from Penticton’s own Swagman. At 7:00 we’ll head out for an urban bike crawl, so bring your rig!
Monday, May 23
- Pump Track Jam, Shuttle Rides, Gravel Ride, Good Times
- Pump Track Jam 10:00+: You made it this far champ! The weekend isn’t over. We’ll be convening at the Poplar Grove Pump Track for a whole host of events. How about a runbike cruise on the pump track, or for the big kids the biggest air? It’ll be a party, full stop.
- Shuttle Rides 10:ish: The Freedom Shuttle van will be taking riders up Arawana Road to enjoy the cruisey descending in the Mice. Guides will (likely) be present.
For more information and registration, visit bikepenticton.com!
- 129 Nanaimo Ave W, Penticton, British Columbia, V2A 7N1