Top 10 things to do in Penticton:
There is so much going on here that the top 10 things to do in Penticton list is just the tip of the iceberg. We want to make sure that your stay with us is unforgettable and the list below highlights just some of the activities that make Penticton so special.
- Ski, Snowboard, Skate or Snowshoe at Apex Mountain Resort or Nickel Plate Nordic Centre
- Enjoy a Winter Wine Tour
- Bike or hike the Kettle Valley Railway
- Did someone say beer! Try a flight at one of our 7 craft breweries
- Go vertical at the world renowned Skaha Bluffs
- Stroll through the Penticton Farmer’s Market on Main Street (every Saturday, May to October)
- Relax on one of our beautiful beaches.
- ‘Float the Channel’ between Okanagan and Skaha Lake
- Attend one of our many annual events and festivals
- Pick fresh fruit at a local orchard.
What is Penticton known for:
Rolling vineyards, sparkling lakes, golden beaches, vast mountain ranges and one the best year-round climates in Canada are just a few of the things that entices people to Penticton.
- Penticton named as the 2nd Best Beer Town in Canada, 2018
– Expedia.ca, 2018
- Canadians Choose Penticton as one of the Top 18 Cities to Visit in 2018 – Expedia.ca, 2018
- Skaha Beach in Penticton was name one of The 20 Absolute Best Beaches In Canada – Chatelaine.com, 2018
- 7 public beaches stretching over 5kms along 2 pristine freshwater lakes – Okanagan Lake & Skaha Lake
- Over 150 regional trails to explore, by foot, cycle, horseback or ATV
Penticton & Wine Country
Penticton is ideally situated in the south of the Okanagan Valley, with over 100 wineries less than an hour’s drive away. Stress simply melts away as you leisurely travel the meandering country roads to some of the most scenic and award-winning wineries in the country. Relax on a vine-covered patio and soak in the views with a glass of your favourite red or white, or dine under the stars, estate winery style. The romance of wine country will take hold as you stroll through the lush vineyards, breathing in intoxicating scents – If only we could bottle this!
Release Your Inner Child
Run loose on miles of silky sand and splash and play in the cooling freshwater. Spend a lazy day floating the channel or seek out adventure at the amusement parks with karting or trampolining. Satisfy your sweet tooth with a treat from the giant peach concession stand.
Here in the Penticton you will uncover one of the most diverse eco-systems in North America. A wide variety of walking and cycling paths will offer you an up-close look at our unique environment. Experience the unforgettable smell of pine and sage floating on a warm breeze, as you spy the inhabiting wildlife.