With clear skies and warmer weather forecast, get outside and enjoy the fresh air!
With over 450km of trails within 20 minutes of downtown, Spring is a great time to explore your own backyard. Dust off your bike or head down to the local bike stores to rent a bike for the day. Or, go for a hike with your family and check out some of the new spring growth on the forest floor.
The Kettle Valley Rail Trail is the perfect option for people of all ages and abilities to get outside. Easily accessible from downtown with lots of unique stops along the way.
- As more of the wineries start opening for the season, most of them are with in a short walking distance from the KVR trail, experience a self-guided walking or biking wine tour
- Go further and check out the incredible views from Little Tunnel overlooking Naramata and Lake Okanagan
- Explore the South Spur of the KVR Trail along the west shores of Skaha Lake connecting Penticton to Kaleden and Ok Falls
- This is a beautiful trail that follows the shore line of Skaha Lake
- Access to the trail in Penticton is through Wright’s Beach Campground, Pioneer Park in Kaleden and Lions Garden Park in Ok Falls
Local trails in the city
- Penticton Creek runs from the shores of Okanagan Lake, next to the Penticton Ikeda Japanese Gardens all the way up to the old Fish hatchery.
- This is a great paved trail that runs through town along the creek
- Great for people of all ages and abilities
- Lake-to-Lake trail located on the east side of the Channel
Skaha Bluffs Provincial Park
Skaha Bluffs Park provides a variety of recreation opportunities including hiking, rock climbing, mountain biking and wildlife viewing while also protecting habitat for a variety of species at risk
Skaha Lake Park
A great way to let the kids run while soaking up the sun and fresh air
- With two playgrounds, enclosed ball hockey, beach volleyball courts, tennis courts and lots of grass areas, grab some food from our local restaurants and artisanal bakers for a picnic and set up for a full day of outdoor family fun!