Half Corked Marathon in Oliver
- Sat • May 27, 2023 • 12:00 AM
- Event Cost: $265 (plus tax) (allocated via General Lottery)
The annual Half Corked Marathon is a unique run that weaves participants through the vineyards and valleys of the region’s iconic wine-growing areas, the Black Sage and Golden Mile Benches, along with sections along the beautiful Okanagan River. Winery stations dot the 24km route, with the opportunity to engage with the region’s colourful characters as they pour samples for runners to enjoy. Creative costumes are encouraged and prizes will be awarded for the best individual costume, best team and best skit.
Participants should plan that their wave time could be assigned at ANYTIME on Saturday morning and will have a maximum of 3.5 hours to complete the course.
Endorsed by BC Athletics, participants should be able to run 5km with some levels of incline over rugged terrain, in order to comfortably complete the 24km route in the time allocated. As always, the Sag Wagon will be ready to assist guests who don’t reach the mid-way point before the cut off time, and transport them to the Party at the Finish Line.
Half Corked Marathon registration includes:
- A curated welcome bag with goodies & exclusive offers from Oliver Osoyoos Wine Country Wineries
- Transportation TO the Start Line and FROM the Finish Line from Oliver, Osoyoos & Penticton
- Fine wines and tasting bites from local restaurants on the route
- Picnic lunch at the finish line
- An opportunity to wear and see fantastic costumes
- An opportunity to meet the people behind the wines of Oliver Osoyoos Wine Country
- World-class scenery from Golden Mile and Black Sage Benches
Half Corked Marathon tickets: $265 (plus tax) (allocated via General Lottery)