B.C. Hockey Hall of Fame Induction Gala
The BC Hockey Hall of Fame introduction ceremony returns to the home of the hall in the South Okanagan Events Centre with a new program and a great list of BC inductees.
- The BC Hockey Hall of Fame 2023 inductees:
Duncan Keith, a Winnipeg native, moved to Penticton at 14 and played for the Penticton Panthers, Michigan State University and Kelowna Rockets. With the Chicago Blackhawks he won three Stanley Cups.
- Brent Seabrook played his junior hockey with the Delta Ice Hawks and Lethbridge Hurricanes before joining the Chicago Blackhawks and being paired with Duncan Keith
- Lonnie Cameron, a Victoria native who grew up in Colwood, officiated in the NHL from 1996-2019. Cameron worked 1,554 games as a linesman and 60 in playoffs.
- Ronnie Paterson is the owner of the Pacific Junior Hockey League’s White Rock Whalers. Ronnie played for the Richmond Sockeyes, UBC Thunderbirds and had a part in the Canadian men’s Olympic program.
- 2007 Vancouver Giants Memorial Cup-winning team was assembled by Scott Bonner and his management group.
The induction evening will be held almost exclusively in the Hall of Fame, with a reception where fans can meet inductees and view the re-invigorated displays that honour the players, teams and the history of hockey in BC.