We are excited that beginning July 1st, 2021 we will be operating under greatly reduced restrictions at the Penticton Farmers’ Market. Although we will still be asking customers to stay away if they are feeling ill and continuing with sanitization measures (hands and surfaces) at each Vendor Stall.
We would like to send out a big THANK YOU to all of you, customers and vendors alike who have provided mutual support at the Penticton Farmers’ Market over the past 8 months (2020-2021) that we have been open in a reduced capacity.
Together, we have made this happen!
Please note that we will be following the latest Gathering and Events Order (released on June 30th) and have confirmed that Episodic Markets (previously listed as of June 22, 2021) are no longer listed within the current Provincial Health Order.
In accordance with information provided to BCAFM from the Ministry of Health, we have confirmed the following:
- Under the Step 3 BC Restart Plan, farmers’ markets now fall under fairs, festivals and trade shows.
- Farmers’ markets can operate as before (pre-COVID) with no participant limit.
- No requirement for masks (though they are recommended).
- Barriers (between vendors/between vendors and customers) are at the discretion of farmers’ market organizers.
- The Penticton Farmers’ Market will move away from our current COVID-19 Safety Plans and prepare a Communicable Diseases Plan (WorkSafe BC) during the month of July.
- In the future, if we plan on reintroducing activities within our market, we will be required to follow the guidelines set out in the current PHO as these activities will be considered “events”. Under the June 30, 2021 PHO events means a seated in-person gathering in a place with seating available.