Our craft distillery is open Tuesdays – Sundays from 12 – 5pm, or by appointment.
CLICK HERE to book your appointment or call 250-493-0180
Pioneers in Craft Distilling in Penticton, BC since 2005, Jörg and Anette Engel are proud to offer award winning spirits, Gin, fruit brandies and liqueurs, handcrafted from Okanagan grown fruit, grapes and wine. Numerous top awards have been won at the Canadian Artisan Spirits Competition and Sip Northwest Spirits Competition.
Our craft spirits are also available to ORDER ONLINE
Welcome to Maple Leaf Spirits
Master distiller Jörg crafts fine spirits following European traditions like Kirsch, Grappa, Pear Williams. Guests taste a fine V.S.O.P. brandy, the “Lady of the Cask,” reminiscent of Cognac. The new Genie Gin Original 2023 is unique, smooth and refreshing. Several fruit liqueurs celebrate fresh sun ripened Okanagan fruit. They are great as a fruity treat, or to enhance your dessert or cocktail.
All products are gluten free, suitable in vegan diet and free of sulphur.
The Engel family invites you to visit their tasting room and patio. Come to enjoy the view overlooking vineyards, orchards, and Okanagan Lake. Maple Leaf Spirits is located in Penticton on the Naramata Bench.
Products hand crafted at Maple Leaf Spirits:
- “Genie Gin Original”, new in 2023! Jorg crafted this unique smooth dry Gin from fruit based spirit. A special blend of juniper berries and botanicals will grant you three wishes: a burst of citrus, a touch of spice, and a hint of mint and anise.
- “Lady of the Cask”, award winning wine brandy distilled and aged in French Oak Barrels since 2010, to be enjoyed like a fine Cognac
- Pear Williams, traditional European digestive spirit, very aroma-rich apres-ski drink
- Kirsch – cherry spirit, traditionally used for authentic Black Forest Cake, Cheese Fondue and Christmas baking
- Aged Italian Prune, like Slibovitz, plum spirit aged in Oak barrels
- Skinny Pinot Noir, for friends of a classic Grappa, digestif after a Mediterranean style dinner
- Maple Liqueur, great in Canadian themed desserts or cocktails, in hot tea, or anytime
- Cherry Liqueur, Penticton summer treat, great on ice or with dark chocolate
- Pear Liqueur, for desserts or neat
- Peach Liqueur: fruity and seductive, tastes like summer in the South Okanagan
- and more – as harvest allows