United in Art: Online Exhibition
- Fri • October 16, 2020 • All Day
- Fri • October 23, 2020 • All Day
- Fri • October 30, 2020 • All Day
- Fri • November 6, 2020 • All Day
- Fri • November 13, 2020 • All Day
- Fri • November 20, 2020 • All Day
- Fri • November 27, 2020 • All Day
- Fri • December 4, 2020 • All Day
- Fri • December 11, 2020 • All Day
- Fri • December 18, 2020 • All Day
- See All Events
Penticton & District Community Arts Council & Unity House
United in Art marks the first exhibition, in what is hoped will become an annual event between the Penticton & District Community Arts Council and Canadian Mental Health Association’s Unity House Art Group.
Unity House provides social, recreational and educational programs for individuals living with a mental illness, as well as a meals program, activities, mental health advocacy and a volunteer program for clients to help them become more involved in the clubhouse. The Art Group is a great creative outlet for mental health clients to express themselves in a healthy and empowering way, as well as a way to socialize with their fellow members in a non-stressful environment.
The Penticton & District Community Arts Council has been providing arts and cultural programming and supports for artists and our community for the past sixty years. When approached by Unity House to explore ways of working together they discussed highlighting the work being done by the Arts Group participants to celebrate their voices as well as promoting the process of creating as a form of self care that everyone in the community can use.