Penticton 2017 ITU Multisport World Championship Festival
The International Triathlon Union (ITU) Multisport World Championship Festival for 2017 is a massive 10 day celebration that will see athletes from all over the world vying for four different multisport titles.
- Long distance triathlon
- Cross triathlon
Participants will also have the opportunity to vie for the MULTISPORT LEGEND, a proud title earned by any athlete that races and completes all four World Championship races. MULTISPORT LEGENDS will receive a special award at the end of ITU Multisport World Championship Festival and bragging rights for life.
There will be some fantastic, celebratory events throughout the week and we encourage everyone to come and show support and join the festivities as our City welcomes visitors from across the globe.
- Aug 18th, 5:00pm – Parade of Nations (Cross Triathlon & Duathlon) – start at The Peach on Lakeshore Drive to Power St. and ending at the Penticton Trade and Convention Centre.
- Aug 19th, 8:30pm – 11:00pm – DJ in Gyro Park (Licensed event, selling beer and wine).
- Aug 23rd, 6:00pm – Parade of Nations (Aquathlon, Long Distance Triathlon & Aquabike) – Start Shadford Center down Main St. to Gyro Park.
- Aug 23rd – 8:00pm – 11:00pm – Red and White Festival at Gyro Park – Local Bands and dance groups performing (Licensed event, selling beer and wine).
- Aug 25th – 8:00pm – 11:00pm – Street/Beach Party on Lakeshore – out front of the SS Sicamous. Local bands and dance troupes performing.
- Aug 27th – 8:00pm – 11:00pm – Closing Ceremonies – Music and celebrations in Gyro Park (Licensed event, selling beer and wine).