Four Seasons Cultural Society Pow Wow
- Fri • July 14, 2017 • 7:00 PM
- Sat • July 15, 2017 • 12:00 PM
- Sun • July 16, 2017 • 12:00 PM
- Event Cost: 5 (5& under free)
Four Seasons Cultural Society is a resurrection of what once was the Four Seasons War Dance Club dance troupe that travelled the world showcasing the Okanagan traditions and culture. The war dance club hosted this pow wow the same weekend back in 1968-1971 in Penticton. This consisted of dance competitions, stick games, salmon feast and the princess pageant. They had dancers and visitors from Arizona,Montana, Oregon, Idaho, Washington, Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba.
The grandmother of, Marlee Jack, President of the Four Seasons Cultural Society, played a major role in the Four Seasons War Dance Club pow wow and this is what sparked the idea of bringing back the society with her mother along with other community members that have family ties to the old pow wow. At the 2016 FSCS pow wow they hosted 105 dancers, 7 drums groups, stick game tournament, princess pageant and saw visitors from as far as Florida that heard about the event.
- Feast & Celebration – Saturday 5pm – Honoring 4 Pioneer Women: Matilda Gabriel, Edna Jack, Louisa Lazard and Julia Manuel.
- Fashion Show – Saturday 5pm
- Stick Games – Open: contact Kristine Jack 250-496-9818
- Princess Pageant (Age 13-18) – Saturday 8:30pm
- Drum Competition (5 member minimum)
Everyone is Welcome!