Flying Legends of Victory Tour
- Tue • June 27, 2017 • 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Wed • June 28, 2017 • 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Thu • June 29, 2017 • 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Fri • June 30, 2017 • 2:00 PM - 6:00 PM
- Sat • July 1, 2017 • 2:00 PM - 6:00 PM
- Sun • July 2, 2017 • 2:00 PM - 6:00 PM
- See All Events
- Event Cost: $14
B-25 “Maid in the Shade” is in Penticton, BC, Canada for “Flying Legends of Victory Tour”
The Arizona Commemorative Air Force Museum brings a rare chance to tour and ride in an iconic warbird.
Mesa, Arizona – (May 16, 2017) – One of the most iconic airplanes from World War II, B-25 Mitchell “Maid in the Shade,” will make a stop in Penticton, British Columbia, Canada at the Penticton Regional Airport as part of its Summer Flying Legends of Victory Tour across the U.S. and Canada. The tour, made possible by the volunteers of the non-profit 501(c)3 Arizona Commemorative Air Force Museum, includes three restored WWII combat aircraft: C-47/DC-3 Combat Legend “Old Number 30;” B-17 Bomber “Sentimental Journey;” and B-25 Bomber “Maid in the Shade.” These warbirds and their crew will visit approximately 50 cities from June through October, 2017 to fulfill their mission of educating all generations about the role of aviation in combat.
The public will have the opportunity to climb aboard the B-25 Bomber to soak in the breathtaking stories of courage and service by Americans during one of the most important periods in U.S. history. The B-25 is an exceptionally rare aircraft, as it’s one of 34 in the world that is still flying. The aircraft was used in America’s first large-scale bombing offensive in the Philippines. The public can book a ride in advance using the link below under pricing.
Information about the Penticton, British Columbia, Canada B-25 tour stop is as follows:
Dates and times:
- Monday, June 26, 2017 – Sunday, July 2, 2017
- Tour Hours: Monday, Friday – Sunday: 2 pm – 6 pm; Tuesday – Thursday: 9 am – 6 pm.
- Ride Hours: Friday – Sunday: 10 am – 1 pm.
- Tours cost $14 per person and $28 for a family of four.
- Seats are $325 USD per waist gunner compartment seat or $650 USD for flight deck jump seat and are limited to seven passengers per flight.
- Ride reservations are required. To reserve your seat, visit http://bit.ly/PentictonBC.
- For more information about the Flying Legends of Victory Tour, visit flyinglegendstour.com.
- Penticton Regional Airport
- 3000 Airport Rd,, Penticton, British Columbia, V2A 8X1
- Arizona Commemorative Air Force Museum
- View Website