No matter the time of year, there is always something happening in Penticton. Home to over 30 annual major events and festivals, there is a variety to experience from cultural showcases, world-class sporting events, beer and wine festivals, live entertainment, seasonal fairs and so much more. Check out the events list below.
Bob Ross Exhibition Opening
Join us at the Penticton Art Gallery on Saturday, July 4th from 2pm-10pm, and welcome 32 original Bob Ross paintings to Canada for the first time in history.
You can expect live music (Aidan Mayes, Maiya Robbie, Safe Bet), a stellar DJ (DJ Splendid Bastard), a Certified Ross Instructor live painting, a huge Bob Ross Paint-By-Numbers, hourly bubble shows from Bubble Wonders, and the incredible circus stylings of Dusty Flower Pot Cabaret!
With things being what they are, we have completely reworked our opening reception to conform to all the provincially recommended safety measures to help direct visitors (single file, one way) safely through the exhibition spaces. You must be wondering what the opening will look like, given the conditions. Here is what you can expect:
– The perimeter of the gallery building will be taped off.
– There will be ONE entrance and ONE exit. The entrance will be through our Education Space at the back of the building. The exit will be through our main front doors.
– Guests will line up along the back side of the building. Please socially distance and stand on marked lines.
– We will be allowing a maximum of 50 people into the building at once. This includes our staff and volunteers.
– Hand sanitizer will be available when you enter the building and throughout the space.
– The route through the exhibitions will be one way only. Please follow the arrows and socially distance while in the Gallery. Occupancy limits will be in place for each space.
– Upon exiting the Gallery, you will find activities happening, including music, a community mural painting, a bubble show, as well as a space to buy Bob Ross merchandise and light refreshments. The exit will be through the parking lot.
⭐️ Exhibition Opening Timeline*
2:00: Gallery opens
2:00 – 2:30: Live Music with Aidan Mayes (outside)
2:00 – 6:00: Certified Ross Instructor, Janette Smith Live Painting (2 paintings will be given away in a draw) (outside)
2:00 – 8:00: Community Mural / Paint Bob by Numbers (outside)
2:00 – 10:00: Dusty Flower Pot Cabaret (outside)
2:30 – 3:00: Live Music with Maiya Robbie (outside)
3:00: Bubble Wonders Bubble Show (outside)
3:00 – 3:30: Live Music with Safe Bet (outside)
3:30 – 4:00: Live Music with Maiya Robbie (outside)
4:00 – 4:30: Live Music with Aidan Mayes (outside)
4:00: Bubble Wonders Bubble Show (outside)
4:30 – 5:00: Live Music with Safe Bet (outside)
5:00: Bubble Wonders Bubble Show (outside)
5:00 – 9:30: Tunes by DJ Splendid Bastard (outside)
* More events will be added