No matter the time of year, there is always something happening in Penticton. Home to over 30 annual major events and festivals, there is a variety to experience from cultural showcases, world-class sporting events, beer and wine festivals, live entertainment, seasonal fairs and so much more. Check out the events list below.
BC Bike Race 2021
- Sat • October 2, 2021 • 12:00 AM
- Sun • October 3, 2021 • 12:00 AM
- Mon • October 4, 2021 • 12:00 AM
- Tue • October 5, 2021 • 12:00 AM
- Wed • October 6, 2021 • 12:00 AM
- Thu • October 7, 2021 • 12:00 AM
- Fri • October 8, 2021 • 12:00 AM
- See All Events
BC Bike Race is a seven-day mountain bike stage race that took place in the trail Mecca of the Lower Mainland and the Sea to Sky Region for 14th years and now it is time to try something NEW. Planning and executing a multi-day mountain bike stage race is a significant endeavour in and of itself; a global pandemic that continues to evolve adds multiple layers of complexity. Each community has its unique set of challenges that it is dealing with and so we have made the decision to move to the South Okanagan in order to blow your minds with the best week of your life on a bike and with the ultimate singletrack experience. You count on us to deliver on that promise, and we take that task seriously. We continue to navigate these crazy times as event organizers so that we can deliver on our unwavering promise to you. We always will.
- We are adopting a cloverleaf format: one central area to stay in Penticton and riding from there for some stages, with day trips to the other stages
- 6 days of riding covering 9 stages
- Camping and showers contingent on what’s allowed by the Provincial Health Order
WHY THE PENTICTON AREA?
- A world class riding destination with 8 distinct trail networks around Penticton
- A community with a rich history of hosting world class events and races
- Best fall climate for bike riding in Canada: 18C/64F Average high with minimal rainfall
- The fall harvest and wine festival
- Convenient local airport
- Strategically located in the middle of Southern BC
- A stunning destination. This is a gem of an area to visit with a combination of big-clean lakes, mountains, a warm-sunny and dry climate and a flourishing wine industry
WHY THE NEW FORMAT?
- Fewer logistics and less moving around to create more time for off-bike fun and recovery. It also eliminates the long transfer days
- As long as we’re permitted to do so by the Provincial Health Order, this will mean better beer and wine gardens and more daily entertainment
- Time for change after 13 years doing a similar route. We are the BC Bike Race and British Columbia is a vast province to explore with exponentially more trails than when we started 15 years ago. Our plan was always to move it around the province of BC
- New opportunities for our alumni to come back and experience something different