Many people in our community have concerns about the spread of coronavirus. Municipal governments are guided by local, provincial and federal health authorities on health matters.
Travel Penticton is monitoring the situation closely to ensure the most up-to-date information is available and recommended practices and protocols are followed.
This information below is precautionary and for information sharing purposes. It does not indicate any additional risk in our community.
It is important to know the facts. Visit the health agency websites listed below for accurate and up-to-date information. They also offer the information translated into other languages.
What you can do:
Take the usual precautions to prevent regular cold or flu viruses during the cold and flu season. This includes:
- Washing hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze or use the inside of your elbow.
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily.
If you think you may have symptoms of coronavirus, call 8-1-1 for an assessment. The Public Health Agency of Canada has created a toll-free phone number (1-833-784-4397) to answer questions from Canadians about novel coronavirus.
For more information and updates, please visit the following websites:
Tourism Business Resources