With Penticton only a 45-minute flight from Vancouver or Calgary, you can experience wine, food, relaxation and adventure all in one place.
We’ve put together a list of 6 of Penticton’s Best Wine Tours to enjoy while you are here.
Dinner Buddies Tour with Grape Friends Lounge & Tours
Join Grape Friends Lounge & Tours for a Naramata winery tour and take in all this region has to offer. With distinctive award winning wines that boast sun soaked grapes and clay earth in a unique scenic atmosphere, you’re guaranteed an unforgettable experience.
After your tour, Grape Friends will drop you off at your choice dinner location (they can provide suggestions for you to choose from). Once you have finished your dinner, they will take you back to your accommodation. Usually about 1.5 to 2 hours time.
- Cost Per Person: $80-$90 plus tax (rates vary as they are based on your accommodations/dinner location)
- What’s Included: Wine guide, bottled water, snacks, pick up from your accommodations and after dinner shuttle back to your accommodations
- Departure Time: 2:00 pm or 3:00 pm
- Length of Tour: 3 hour wine tour excursion of the Naramata Bench Wineries
- Book Now: www.pentictontours.com
Naramata Wine Tour with Sagebrush Wine and Nature Tours
The Naramata Wine Tour showcases a wealth of wineries with an endless selection of wines. This tour provides friendly tasting advice and local knowledge of Naramata Bench wines.
- Cost Per Person: $109 for half-day or $129 for full-day plus taxes
- What’s Included: Attentive and dedicated service, luxury A/C high-roof, large viewing windows tour vehicle, door to door – hotel, B&B, campground, or residence, tasting fees, complimentary chilled water or sparkling water
- Half-day Tour – 4 Wineries, 16 – 20 Tastings
- Full-day Tour – 5 Wineries, 20 – 25 Tastings, Lunch stop (price of lunch not incl)
- Departure Time: 10:00 am
- Length of Tour: Half-day 4 hours, Full-day 7 hours
- Book Now: www.sagebrushtours.ca
Epic Cycling Vineyard Adventures with Epic Cycling Wine Adventures
Have your epic experience covered with the Epic Cycling Vineyard Adventures. Epic Cycling Wine Adventures will tailor the rides ahead of time according to elevation, distance and speed. When you arrive at the winery, your wine tasting and palate shall be refreshed.
Join them and pave the road to lasting memories, fun activities, epic culinary experiences, and the joy of group riding.
Choose between the following tours:
Vista – 30 km approximately
Explorer – 60 km approximately
Road – 100 km approximately
- Cost Per Person: $130 (includes tax) gratuities for guide are welcomed
- What’s Included: Experienced guide, road support with snacks, food (including a winery lunch), wine tastings
- Departure Time: 8:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.depending on length of tour
- Length of Tour: 4-6 hours depending on distance of selected tour
- Book Now: www.epiccycling.ca
- Tour dates: September 2, 2018; September 23, 2018; October 6, 2018; October 20, 2018
Naramata Bench Wine & Picnic Tour with Grape Escapes Wine Tours
Combine their most popular wine tour, the Naramata Bench Wine Tour with a gourmet catered picnic lunch from the Bench Market and you have the perfect day.
With over fourty wineries calling Naramata home, this is a great place to enjoy beautiful scenery, a gourmet picnic lunch and award-winning wines. Join them as they visit five of their favourite wineries along the Naramata Bench.
Come wine tour with Grape Escapes Wine Tours and find the hidden gems of the Naramata Bench.
- Cost Per Person: $115 plus tax
- What’s Included: This tours includes free pick up and drop off at any accommodations within Penticton, most tasting fees, 3 course Gourmet Picnic Lunch created by The Bench Market, on-board snacks (including various crackers, different cheeses, fresh strawberries, dark chocolate, and water), and one of our professionally trained and certified wine guides
- Departure Time: 10:30 a.m. pick up time
- Length of Tour: Approximately 5 hours (+/- 30 minutes)
- Book Now: www.GrapeEscapes.ca
Wine Country Adventure with Open Air Adventures & Wine Tours
Departing from Penticton, you will experience the rustic beauty of the South Okanagan while sipping fine wines from different sub-regions. Enjoy insight into wine making as your “Open Air” Jeep Wrangler navigates through vineyards and country backroads, leading you to some of the Okanagan’s most phenomenal wineries.
Discover the aromatic smells of wine country flora from the seat of your Jeep. Enjoy a gourmet picnic lunch platter overlooking one of our private access vineyards. Highlight your vacation with a wine tour like no other!
Tours available up to and including September 30, 2018.
- Cost Per Person: $138 plus tax (2 person minimum)
- What’s Included: Jeep Wine Tour, Free Picnic Lunch, 2-3 Sub-Regions, Private Off-Road Vineyard Tour, Off-Road/Backroad Scenic Ride,*Barrel Room Tour, Snacks & Bottled Water, Free Pick-up/Drop-Off (Penticton & Local Area)
- Departure Time: 9:45am (w/Picnic Lunch ) OR 1:15pm (w/Fruit & Snack Platter)
- Length of Tour: 5 hours
- Book Now: www.openairadventures.ca
Secrets of Summerland Wine Tour with Ogopogo Tours
Summerland’s relaxed pace allows you to take your time enjoying all that the tour offers. Journey through Summerland, selected as the finest land to grow produce fruit for the expanding steam railway a century ago.
Learn a few secrets from your guides at Ogopogo Tours, enjoy welcoming customer service and experience world class scenery. You may even see a running Steam Train!
Tours valid through June 14, 2019.
- Cost Per Person: $109 including GST, tasting fees, lunch, pick-up and drop-off
- What’s Included: Visit 5 different wineries plus includes lunch at Zias Stonehouse Restaurant
- Departure Time: Penticton: 9:30am, Summerland: 9:50am
- Length of Tour: Up to 5 hours visiting 5 different wineries in Summerland
- Book Now: www.ogopogotours.com