The Tourism Penticton respects your privacy. We are strongly opposed to sending unsolicited email, and we will not distribute or sell subscriber information to any third party.
We take your privacy very seriously. In order for you to better understand our data collection methods, we have compiled the following list:
1. Website Forms & Contests
When you fill out a form or enter a contest on our website we may required you to provide your e-mail address or other personal information. This information is used only to contact you. We do not make this information available to any third parties.
If you elect to join our newsletter we will send you a notification at least once per month with news of upcoming events and special travel offers. For your convenience, each announcement contains instructions on how to be removed from all future mailings. You may unsubscribe from our newsletters at any time and we do not make email addresses available to any third parties.
3. Social Media Activity
- If you tag your Post with one of our promoted hashtags (e.g., #visitpenticton), you agree to the following:
- You consent and grant to Tourism Penticton the irrevocable, non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty free, worldwide right (but not the obligation), to (1) use, copy, perform, reproduce, edit, modify, display, broadcast, distribute, prepare derivative works of (or incorporate into other works), and otherwise exploit the Post (or any portion thereof) in any form, manner or media now or hereafter known including but not limited to posting or reposting the Post across Tourism Penticton’s digital properties (e.g., on Tourism Penticton’s branded websites and social media pages) and using the Post for commercial purposes including marketing, advertising, and publicity and (2) use your name, image, likeness, and username/ handle in connection with, or to reference the fact of, your Post to the extent you include such information in your Post. You understand and agree that you will not have any right to inspect or approve Tourism Penticton’s use of the Post, the Post will not be returned to you, and you will not be paid or otherwise compensated for Tourism Penticton’s use of your Post. Aside from the rights specifically granted herein, you retain ownership of all rights to your Post.
- You represent and warrant that (1) your Post is your original creation for which you own and/or control all rights, (2) your Post does not infringe the intellectual property, privacy or publicity rights or any other legal or moral rights of any third party, or violate any other applicable laws or regulations, (3) your Post will not contain obscene, indecent, or harassing material or feature nudity or drug/alcohol use, (4) you have obtained the express permission of each identifiable person appearing in your Post to be included and displayed in the Post as provided herein, and (5) you have the full power and authority to grant the rights contemplated herein.
- You understand and acknowledge that your Post may be open to public commentary that is not under Tourism Penticton’s direct control and does not necessarily reflect the views of Tourism Penticton. While Tourism Penticton may curate Posts, Tourism Penticton is not responsible for their content or accuracy. You understand that you may be exposed to other Posts that you find offensive, indecent or otherwise objectionable. You understand and acknowledge that Tourism Penticton shall not be liable for any loss or damage of any kind suffered by you in connection with Posts made available on Tourism Penticton’s websites or social media pages. Posts may be removed by Tourism Penticton at any time and for any reason.
- You agree not to take any legal action against, and hereby irrevocably release and discharge, Tourism Penticton, and its directors, officers, employees, agents, affiliates, franchisees, licensees, or any other person or entity acting on its behalf, from all claims in connection with the use or viewing of Posts as contemplated herein including but not limited to any claims based on trademark, copyright, right of publicity, defamation or invasion of privacy.
- To the extent permitted by applicable law, you agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Tourism Penticton and its directors, officers, employees, agents, affiliates, franchisees, and licensees, from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debt, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees) arising from: (i) your violation of any term of this Policy; (ii) your violation of any third party right, including without limitation any trademark, copyright, property, or privacy right; or (iii) any claim that your Post caused damage to a third party.
- The rights to Tourism Penticton’s information may be protected by patent, copyright, trademark, trade secrets or other proprietary rights owned by a third party other than Tourism Penticton. Additionally, certain content displayed and contained within Tourism Penticton pages is the original authorship of Tourism Penticton and is owned exclusively by Tourism Penticton. By being a User of or Posting on any of Tourism Penticton’s Pages, you acknowledge that you may not modify, publish, transmit, display, copy, participate in the transfer or sale, create derivative works, or in any way exploit any of the content found, whether owned by Tourism Penticton or a third party, other than as provided herein.
- You may request removal of any of your User-Generated Content by sending a removal request email to email@example.com. Your email must include a link to the URL of the page on which your User-Generated Content is posted or a description of the page on which it is posted.
Tourism Penticton respects the intellectual property rights of others and expects Users to do the same. If you believe that your copyrighted work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement you may notify our designated copyright agent by mail at Tourism Penticton, 553 Vees Drive, Penticton, BC V2A 8S3 ATTN: MARKETING DEPARTMENT or at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make sure to include the following information with your notification:
- identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing and information reasonably sufficient to permit Tourism Penticton to locate the material including a link to or URL for the material;
- identification of the copyrighted work or a representative list of the works claimed to have been infringed;
- an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- your name, address, telephone number, and email address, so that we may contact you if necessary;
- a statement that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.