Rolling vineyards, sparkling lakes, golden beaches, vast mountain ranges and one the best year-round climates in Canada are just a few of the things that entices people to Penticton & Wine Country.
- Penticton, BC named top 10 world travel destination in Facebook survey
– Huffington Post 2012.
- Okanagan Valley named as second best wine region to visit amongst the top 10 worldwide destinations – USA Today Readers Choice Awards 2014.
- 7 public beaches stretching over 5kms along 2 pristine freshwater lakes – Okanagan Lake & Skaha Lake.
- Over 150 regional trails to explore, by foot, cycle, horseback or ATV.
- International Triathlon Union (ITU) announced Penticton as the host city of the 2017 Multisport World Championship Festival. This groundbreaking event now allows athletes to compete in various multisport races.
The Heart of Wine Country
Penticton is ideally situated in the south of the Okanagan Valley, with over 100 wineries less than an hour’s drive away. Stress simply melts away as you leisurely travel the meandering country roads to some of the most scenic and award-winning wineries in the country. Relax on a vine-covered patio and soak in the views with a glass of your favourite red or white, or dine under the stars, estate winery style. The romance of wine country will take hold as you stroll through the lush vineyards, breathing in intoxicating scents – If only we could bottle this!
Release Your Inner Child
Run loose on miles of silky sand and splash and play in the cooling freshwater lakes. Spend a lazy day floating the channel or seek out adventure at the amusement parks with karting or trampolining. Satisfy your sweet tooth with a treat from the giant peach concession stand.
Here in the Okanagan Valley you will uncover one of the most diverse eco-systems in North America. A wide variety of walking and cycling paths will offer you an up-close look at our unique environment. Experience the unforgettable smell of pine and sage floating on a warm breeze, as you spy the inhabiting wildlife.
Top 10 Things to do in Penticton
There is so much great stuff going on here that the top 10 things to do in Penticton list is just the tip of the iceberg. We want to make sure that your stay with us is unforgettable and the list below highlights just some of the activities that make this city so special.
- Float ‘the Channel’ between Okanagan and Skaha Lake.
- Bike or hike the Kettle Valley Railway.
- Tour and taste at any of the 60 plus wineries within 20 minutes of the city.
- Stroll through the Penticton Farmer’s Market on Main Street (every Saturday, May to October)
- Relax on one of our beautiful beaches.
- Go vertical at the world renowned Skaha Bluffs.
- Attend one of our many annual events and festivals.
- Pick fresh fruit at a local orchard.
- Warm up to winter with great outdoor activities (skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing, skating).
- Shop like a local at the numerous retail outlets and boutique stores around the city.
Click HERE to download a map of Penticton.